Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All NAT-UR-AL

A little about me...

I was natural until about age 8 or 9. I sweat tremendously in my hair and I was in dance so you know the rest... gotta relaxer and all that jazz.

My mother had no clue how to do my hair so I can always remember getting my hair done at the shop. It was a pretty decent length maybe about apl but the relaxer must have been too strong.

I had a bob and wore it natural again, that is until I started gymnastics. It was impossible not to sweat my hair out so I got another relaxer. This time, a success. My hair was very health and growing but it was only about shoulder length.

It was great while I was in gymnastics, but when my mother went to the hospital, I decided to hold off on gymnastics classes. I never returned after she passed away. Later, I decided I would grow out my relaxer since I no longer "needed" it. All in the midst of this, I start cosmetology school, but I still report to the salon every two weeks.

Eventually, after many people telling me how nice I do hair, I decided to work on my own head. I got a sew-in but after I took it out, it was months before I could make time to get a trim. My hair was going through what I like to call as a "retarded" phase. She cut my hair so much, so I guess this was my big chop. It wasn't a inch long or anything but it was pretty short. I think I looked like a boy. (A cute one, of course)

I was devoted to my relaxer free hair but I wasn't taking care of it like I should. But NOW... NOW is a different time and I am fully devoted.

Express your hair stories, I wanna hear em :)

No comments:

Post a Comment